McTavish, Emily Jane
Emily Jane McTavish
Graduate Student, University of Texas at Austin
Personal home page
My Lab's Web Page
I do phylogeonomics! I'm using genomic data to track geographic population histories and connect spatial and evolutionary patterns.
Not tied to a taxon, I've worked on cattle - with a focus on Texas Longhorns, frogs, salamanders, simulated data, and chipmunks.
- Investigating patterns of introgression in the genome of Texas Longhorn Cattle
- Using spatially explicit simulation (DIM SUM) to assess robustness of phylogeographic methods
- Assessing impact of dispersal distribution on population structure
- Determining impact of ascertainment bias on phylogenies based on SNP data.
- Phylogenetics and phylogeography